Whether dealing directly with the band or through a reputable entertainment agency, such as Live Music Management, there are a number of questions that it is essential to ask a wedding band before booking.
Some of the questions outlined below are absolutely crucial as they could mean the difference between your wedding band playing or not playing at the venue of your choice. For instance most wedding venues will insist up public liability insurance but most amateur bands will not carry this (all Live Music Management acts carry public liability insurance.)
Ten Essential Questions To Ask A Wedding Band
1. Do you have public liability insurance?
2. Is your electrical equipment PAT tested?
3. How many weddings do you play per annum?
4. Are you able to provide DJ music in the breaks between your sets?
5. In the case of illness do you have dep players available for any of your musicians?
6. Will the booking be secured by a contract recognised by UK law?
7. Will our deposit be held in a client account until after the engagement and only be touched after the event?
8. Can we have some input into the songs from your set that you play on the night?
9. Will you be able to play our first dance and if so do you charge for learning a first dance (the vast majority of Live Music Management acts do not charge for learning a first dance.)
10. Will you be available for telephone consultation prior to the event (Live Music Management are on hand to guide and help clients from enquiry right through to day of the event.)
Live Music Management are able to help answer all the questions above and our friendly office staff are on hand to guide you through the process of booking a band for your event.Visit One Of Our Wedding Band Pages To See Hundreds Of Bands Available For Your Big Day